WE STILL HAVE SPACES SO IF YOU WANT TO COME LET ME KNOW. YOU'LL REGRET IT IF YOU DON'T!
Sooooo this Friday we'll be meeting at the main gate at 5pm. We'll do a food stop on the way up so don't worry about bringing stuff. Apparently the radios in the buses aren't working so if anyone fancies being old skool and bringing CDs that would be fab!
As we're staying in a bunkhouse there is beds but you'll either need to bring a single duvet cover & sheet or a sleeping bag. Also bring lots of jumpers as it might be chilly!
For the river have a look on the website for what to bring. Importantly remember some old shoes that you don't mind getting wet/floating away down a river, a towel and lots of non-cotton thermals to keep you toasty!
If anyone's vegetarian/allergic to anything just let one of us know while we're doing the food shop!
We'll be getting back sometime on Sunday evening.
So far we have:
Me George Elderfield Graeme Cathcart Katie Douglas Eadie McCallum Cecilia Los Law Catherine Lear Chris Curry Constantinos Vassiades Angelos Nicolaou Nathan Macgregor Duncan Fraser Jane Gourlay Laura Thomson Jonathan Byers Alice Fuller John McGlinchey Martha Day Cunio Claire Watson Rupert Bennett Alice Dean Calum Macleod Andrew McDonald Fran Bamber
Here's a little update on what's coming up and some important dates!
1. Last chance to become a member is at the pool session on the 30th of October!
2. Beginners Weekend away newt week, there are still some spaces left so get in contact with Catriona if you are keen.
3. Mach Surf Weekend is the 7th-9th of Novemeber. Put it in your diaries as you won't want to miss this! It is open to everyone in the club and it's a big social weekend so it's a great chance to meet everyone, and you get to go kayak surfing on one of the best beaches in Scotland! what more would you want?
4. At GUSA ball, awards are given out for various categories. GUCC has never really got involved with this so this is our chance! If you can think of anyone who has demonstrated an outstanding level of commitment to the club then can you please nominate them here: http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/sport/gusa/documents. There are various different categories so check out the link to see what else there is. This is a great opportunity for GUCC to show the rest of GUSA how great we are hehe.
6. GUSA require that we put some of our members through Equality and Diversity Training. This is an online course that can be accessed through moodle. It take 75 minutes to do the course and there is a small test at the end. This would look good on your cv too. If you are interested get in contact with me!
That is everything at the moment! Hopefully see lots of you tomorrow at Pinkston!